Middle / High School
Middle (7th – 8th)
- Kingwood serves middle school students in grades 7th-8th. Students begin utilizing online and ibook (iPad) textbooks starting with the 6th grade year. BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) has become extremely popular in our society and has been fully embraced by KCS. Students are allowed to and encouraged to bring their devices from home to use within the classroom to stay organized, take notes, research topics, view pictures/videos and lots of other things that support the educational process.
- Middle school students also participate in the ASPIRE ACT testing as well as STAR Reading and STAR Math testing. These are standardized tests that allow our faculty to accurately guage a students’ present level of functioning compared to his/her peers on the national level.
- Students also receive a daily Bible class that is considered one of seven periods per day as well as a weekly Chapel service. Students are taught to dive deeper into the Word to experience God’s teachings beyond the elementary Bible stories taught when young.
- Students have the opportunities to be recognized for academic achievement through Jr. Beta Club as well as A and AB Honor Roll Awards.
- Electives are also available for middle school students such as Band, Chorus, Chorus, Marching Band, Art, History through Film, Yearbook and many others. They are also able to join extracurricular clubs such as the Red Cross Club and the Student Government Association.
High (9th – 12th)
- High school students, grades 9th-12th, have the opportunity to choose one of three Diploma options: Standard, Advanced and Advanced with Honors.
- Students in 9th and 10th grades can enroll in Pre-Advanced Placement classes in English, History and Science. Students in 11th and 12th grades can enroll in Advanced Placement classes in the same subjects that provide college credit upon completion of a standardized assessment.
- Dual enrollment is also offered for Pre-Calculus and Calculus classes that follow college curriculum and award college credit but are taken at KCS during the high school day.
- Textbooks are online and accessed through ipads, tablets and online. Students participate in BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) which enables them to have individual access to the latest technology during the school day.
- High School students also take one period per day as a Bible class in addition to the weekly Chapel services. Students are taught and encouraged to explore God’s Word to develop a close, personal and mature relationship with our Heavenly Father.
- Students take the regular standardized testing as required by the State: PSACT, ASPIRE and ACT to determine national ranking and college entrance. Kingwood continues to score at or above local and state levels in achievement in all areas.
- High Schoolers have a wide variety of electives to chose from including ACT Prep, UA Early College, Band, Art, Foreign Language, Cullinary Arts, Chorus and Weight Training. Students are encouraged to utilize electives to better prepare for college readiness by taking electives such as Writing Workshop.